вторник, 14 октября 2008 г.

charm fonsandporter.com




~

"I have more important things to do, like metamorphosis, than care about what environment i am in." states the Caterpillar, which is now a Chrysalis stuck under the edge of my very ordinary 20 cents plastic container, which i am sure once housed my breakfast of porridge.

Oh dear, itapos;s utterly adorable and terrifying. Adorable in the sense that it is a line of green pudge that does incredible acrobatics when prodded with the edge of a leaf, terrifying in the possibility of me interrupting itapos;s important life processes and causing irreversible damage or something. Already, i almost managed to drown it as well as drop it on to the hard floor of the container, both of which made me feel incredibly sorry. I always thought Caterpillars were hardy, like all insects always seem to but Internet enlightened me.

Point 1: Water is like syrup to them so of course, they can drown. After all, they breathe through their skin and even then, not in the aquatic way.

Point 2: They are soft and squishy and unlike jelly, they can bruise when dropped, or picked up because obviously, we humans donapos;t know our own strength. I donapos;t mind this point much because it stands to reason that some caterpillars invariably drop when strong gusts of wind detach them from their pretty trees and yummy leaves.

OMG, and now it is in its chrysalis form outside and under the edge of my container and i have no idea on how to put twigs and sticks so it can do the ultra important climbing upwards and drying of wings when it crawls out of itapos;s chrysalis. I am really anxious. I hope it turns out well by itself with itapos;s Mother Nature Caterpillar instincts. Iapos;ll find some way to put the sticks and twigs and provide sugar water when it gets wings but that is all i can do

I get incredibly anxious and uneasy when i lid insects so i was glad i didnapos;t need to lid this one since it canapos;t fly. I am guessing it wonapos;t stay long when itapos;s a butterfly or moth......

cedar grove middle, charm fonsandporter.com, charm foot links southern, charm football.



Комментариев нет: